After recovering Rs 61 crore of the pending water dues in the city, amounting to over Rs 1,128 crore, in two months, the BMC has decided to extend the Abhay Yojana scheme for two more months, till October 16. The scheme, which was relaunched in June, was to end by August 16.
“We have extended the scheme till October 16 after receiving several requests from citizens as well as political leaders. Most government agencies will have to make provisions in their budget for availing the benefits of this scheme, so we decided to give them adequate time,” said Ashok Tawadia, deputy hydraulic engineer (planning and control), BMC.
The BMC had recovered Rs 22 crores by the first week of July, of which Rs 10 crores was rebated. In the next month (from July to August 11) the BMC recovered Rs 39 crores, of which Rs 9 crores was rebated. Of the total amount of Rs 61 crores recovered in the two months, it has given a rebate of Rs 19 crores.
The BMC had reinitiated the 2010 scheme for two months starting from June 16. Under the scheme, if any consumer has not cleared his outstanding water bills, they can pay the entire amount and get a rebate of two per cent additional charge per year levied as a penalty for the delayed payment. The scheme was initially launched in October 2012 for a period of three months, and then extended for a month.
Of the total outstanding bills, the BMC has to recover Rs 676 crore from private buildings, close to Rs 100 crore from the CR owned properties and about Rs 122 crore from the Western Railway owned-plots. The BMC had also listed the top 100 consumers on their website from each of the 24 wards in the city as per the amount to be paid by the respective consumer.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More