The city’s only keeper of elephants could soon lose his ownership certificate. After issuing offence reports against him, the Thane (territorial) division of the forest department has written to the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests in Bihar, requesting to revoke the ownership certificate.
Shubhashankar Pandey has two elephants — Lakshmi (45) and Rupa (30). Despite the department’s October 2013 directive, which prohibits the entry of elephants into Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane regions, Lakshmi was spotted in Dahisar and recently at a temple function in Powai.
The letter to PCCF states that elephant owner is not following the terms and conditions laid down for owning elephants and is going against the directive issued by additional principal chief conservator of forests (wildlife).
“We have asked PCCF-Bihar to revoke Pandey’s ownership certificate for bringing the elephant into the city against our orders as well as for violating the Performing Animals (Registration) Rules, 2001. The moves comes after complaints from several NGOs and cognisance taken by the forest department on several occasions,” said K P Singh, chief conservator of forests and field director, Thane (territorial).
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More