MIG Club win U-25 title
MIG Club beat Jolly Friends to win the SP Group Cricket Academys Inter-Club (Under 25) Cricket Tournament and a prize of Rs 1 lakh,which was organised by the SP Group Cricket Academy,in association with Strategen Realities,and under the auspices of Mumbai Cricket Association.
MIG Clubs victory was ensured by the fine bowling performance by Jay Nayak and skipper Kevin Almeida,which was supported by the teams batsman Kunal Dubey,Ninad Kadam and Sumeet Ghadigaonkar.
Brief Scores: Jolly Friends: 207 all out (Kushal Shah 59,Swapnil Salvi 28,Raunak Sharma 44; Jay Nayak 4/33,Kevin Almeida 2/26) lost to M. I. G: 208/4 (Kunal Dubey 53,Ninad Kadam 79,Sumeet Ghadigaonkar 44; Sarfaraz Khan 2/29).
NSCI to host badminton
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The third Affinity Corporate Badminton Challenge 2013 will be held at the NSCI,Worli from June 7 to 16. The tournament,which is being organised by the Maharashtra Badminton Association and Evolution Sport will include the Challenger and Champions Trophy for teams. In addition,an Open category has been introduced for mens doubles with combined ages 80+ and 90+ and womens doubles 60+. There is also a mixed doubles category with combined ages 60+ and 80+ in the Open category. The teams participating include Income Tax,Godrej,DBS Bank,Percept,BEST,Mumbai Port Trust,JNPT,Western Railway,Mumbai Customs,Hindustan Petroleum,BARC,Indian Oil and RCF.
Jaideep Singh signs for the SFL
Raj Kundras Super Fight League (SFL) has secured the services of Jaideep Singh,a Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter known for his quick moves and powerful punches.
The six-and-a-half foot tall Singh,also called the heart is an Indian born Japanese resident,having moved to the east Asian country at the age of three. Having won the K-1 World Grand Prix 2009 in Seoul,his addition to SFL 19 promises to make the event even more exciting.
JLTTAs Shaurya Pednekar led his side to a 3-2 victory over Khar Gymkhana in the second division final of the MSDTTA Inter-Club Table Tennis League,hosted at the Khar Gymkhana. Pednekar won both his singles matches against Harsh Mehta and Pranav Rohera in the concluding round,while teammate Suhas Rane beat Pranav to give their team the win. In another tie,MCF beat Chhatrapati Shivaji (Vile Parle) with Kishore Mundargi and Bindesh winning the tie for their team.
Results: II Div. JLTTA B bt Khar Gymkhana 3-2 (Shaurya Pednekar bt Harsh Mehta 4-11,12-14,11-8,11-1,11-9; bt Pranav Rohera 11-7,11-8,11-6; Suhas Rane bt Pranav Rohera 11-7,11-8,11-7; Raj Devraj lost to Tarun Khatwani 7-11,5-11,4-11); III Div: Mandpeshwar Civic Federation (Borivali) bt Chhatrapati Shivaji (Vile Parle) 3-2: (Soham Kunkerkar lost to Viraj 7-11,11-9,9-11,3-11; Kishore Mundargi bt Ganesh 11-8,9-11,11-7,11-8; Bindesh Chaitalia bt Sahil 11-5,11-5,11-5; Kishore bt Viraj 11-6,14-12,12-10); IV Div: Dahisar SF bt New Community 3-1: (Manish bt Saurabh 11-3,11-5,14-12; Amrut lost to t Himadri 5-11,7-11,7-11; Suhas Rane bt Z.Rajan 11-6,11-7,11-6; Manish bt Himandri 121-9,9-11, 1-6,12-10).
Womens throwball tournney
The Second Annual Open Womens Throwball Tournament will be held at the Malad Gymkhana grounds between 8th and 9th June. The tournament which is being conducted by the Malad Gymkhana and co-sponsored by Shri Sanjay Nirupam,will award the winning team with cash prizes. Registration for the tournament is open till 6th June. For details,contact Loretta Ferreira at the MGL office. Tel no: 28445923/28823504; email: firstname.lastname@example.org