MIG Club win U-25 title
MIG Club beat Jolly Friends to win the SP Group Cricket Academys Inter-Club (Under 25) Cricket Tournament and a prize of Rs 1 lakh,which was organised by the SP Group Cricket Academy,in association with Strategen Realities,and under the auspices of Mumbai Cricket Association.
MIG Clubs victory was ensured by the fine bowling performance by Jay Nayak and skipper Kevin Almeida,which was supported by the teams batsman Kunal Dubey,Ninad Kadam and Sumeet Ghadigaonkar.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Brief Scores: Jolly Friends: 207 all out (Kushal Shah 59,Swapnil Salvi 28,Raunak Sharma 44; Jay Nayak 4/33,Kevin Almeida 2/26) lost to M. I. G: 208/4 (Kunal Dubey 53,Ninad Kadam 79,Sumeet Ghadigaonkar 44; Sarfaraz Khan 2/29).
NSCI to host badminton
The third Affinity Corporate Badminton Challenge 2013 will be held at the NSCI,Worli from June 7 to 16. The tournament,which is being organised by the Maharashtra Badminton Association and Evolution Sport will include the Challenger and Champions Trophy for teams. In addition,an Open category has been introduced for mens doubles with combined ages 80+ and 90+ and womens doubles 60+. There is also a mixed doubles category with combined ages 60+ and 80+ in the Open category. The teams participating include Income Tax,Godrej,DBS Bank,Percept,BEST,Mumbai Port Trust,JNPT,Western Railway,Mumbai Customs,Hindustan Petroleum,BARC,Indian Oil and RCF.
Jaideep Singh signs for the SFL
Raj Kundras Super Fight League (SFL) has secured the services of Jaideep Singh,a Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter known for his quick moves and powerful punches.
The six-and-a-half foot tall Singh,also called the heart is an Indian born Japanese resident,having moved to the east Asian country at the age of three. Having won the K-1 World Grand Prix 2009 in Seoul,his addition to SFL 19 promises to make the event even more exciting.
JLTTAs Shaurya Pednekar led his side to a 3-2 victory over Khar Gymkhana in the second division final of the MSDTTA Inter-Club Table Tennis League,hosted at the Khar Gymkhana. Pednekar won both his singles matches against Harsh Mehta and Pranav Rohera in the concluding round,while teammate Suhas Rane beat Pranav to give their team the win. In another tie,MCF beat Chhatrapati Shivaji (Vile Parle) with Kishore Mundargi and Bindesh winning the tie for their team.
Results: II Div. JLTTA B bt Khar Gymkhana 3-2 (Shaurya Pednekar bt Harsh Mehta 4-11,12-14,11-8,11-1,11-9; bt Pranav Rohera 11-7,11-8,11-6; Suhas Rane bt Pranav Rohera 11-7,11-8,11-7; Raj Devraj lost to Tarun Khatwani 7-11,5-11,4-11); III Div: Mandpeshwar Civic Federation (Borivali) bt Chhatrapati Shivaji (Vile Parle) 3-2: (Soham Kunkerkar lost to Viraj 7-11,11-9,9-11,3-11; Kishore Mundargi bt Ganesh 11-8,9-11,11-7,11-8; Bindesh Chaitalia bt Sahil 11-5,11-5,11-5; Kishore bt Viraj 11-6,14-12,12-10); IV Div: Dahisar SF bt New Community 3-1: (Manish bt Saurabh 11-3,11-5,14-12; Amrut lost to t Himadri 5-11,7-11,7-11; Suhas Rane bt Z.Rajan 11-6,11-7,11-6; Manish bt Himandri 121-9,9-11, 1-6,12-10).
Womens throwball tournney
The Second Annual Open Womens Throwball Tournament will be held at the Malad Gymkhana grounds between 8th and 9th June. The tournament which is being conducted by the Malad Gymkhana and co-sponsored by Shri Sanjay Nirupam,will award the winning team with cash prizes. Registration for the tournament is open till 6th June. For details,contact Loretta Ferreira at the MGL office. Tel no: 28445923/28823504; email: email@example.com