Bollywood choreographer Geeta Kapoor was on Thursday arrested by the Versova police after she allegedly lost control of her sport utility vehicle (SUV) and crashed into a pedestrian near Versova metro station, at Thursday early morning. She was later released on bail.
According to the Versova police, the victim has been identified as Nisar Noor Mohammed Sheikh, a resident of Andheri. The police said the 31-year-old victim was returning from a medical store in the vicinity when the accident took place. As Kapoor reached the spot, she noticed a biker in her path and in an attempt to save the biker, she took a sudden turn and hit Sheikh. The police said Kapoor was not under the influence of alcohol and Sheikh’s statement would be recorded after he recovers.
- Mumbai: Auto driver killed, another injured in collision with tanker
- 51-yr-old held for ‘hitting’ wife on head with hammer in Versova village
- Bombay HC adjourns Geeta Kapoor’s petition seeking quashing of rash and negligent driving case
- Two ‘scribes’ held for stripping model, taking photographs as part of ‘sting op’
- Two arrested for sending lewd messages to starlet
- Son of retired Punjab IPS officer arrested for rash driving,hiting biker