Underworld don Chhota Rajan’s associate, who had jumped parole in 2006 and was absconding since then, was arrested on Tuesday from suburban Mulund, police said.
Mohammed Ali Ismail Aamdare (40), who had been serving life imprisonment in Nashik jail in a murder case, had jumped parole in 2006, police said, adding Aamdare was tracked down in Mulund this afternoon and arrested.
Acting on a tip off that Rajan’s aide would be coming to Gawanpada in Mulund to meet his associate, a trap was laid by a police when Aamdare was seen moving suspiciously in the area at around 2 PM today, said inspector (Crime Branch) Deepak Phatangare.
“The police team surrounded him and caught him. Aamdare, who was lodged in Nashik jail, had been released on parole on\ November 6, 2006 and was scheduled to return in 20 days. However, he never returned,” the officer said.
Aamdare, a close aide of Rajan and a resident of Ambarnath in neighbouring Thane district, changed his locations to evade arrest and for the past few months he was hiding in Thane, police said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016