Underworld don Chhota Rajan’s associate, who had jumped parole in 2006 and was absconding since then, was arrested on Tuesday from suburban Mulund, police said.
Mohammed Ali Ismail Aamdare (40), who had been serving life imprisonment in Nashik jail in a murder case, had jumped parole in 2006, police said, adding Aamdare was tracked down in Mulund this afternoon and arrested.
Acting on a tip off that Rajan’s aide would be coming to Gawanpada in Mulund to meet his associate, a trap was laid by a police when Aamdare was seen moving suspiciously in the area at around 2 PM today, said inspector (Crime Branch) Deepak Phatangare.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“The police team surrounded him and caught him. Aamdare, who was lodged in Nashik jail, had been released on parole on\ November 6, 2006 and was scheduled to return in 20 days. However, he never returned,” the officer said.
Aamdare, a close aide of Rajan and a resident of Ambarnath in neighbouring Thane district, changed his locations to evade arrest and for the past few months he was hiding in Thane, police said.