Twelve years after blasts rocked the city between December 2002 and March 2003, the special Prevention of Terrorism Act (POTA) court on Tuesday framed charges against 16 accused.
Saquib Nachan, an alleged member of Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), is one of the main accused.
“The court has framed the charges against all the accused including Nachan and all of them pleaded innocent,” said special public prosecutor Rohini Salian.
In a combined chargesheet filed in the Mulund, Vile Parle and Mumbai Central blast cases, police have charged the accused with offences under POTA, Explosive Substances Act and offences of `preparation to wage war against the nation’ and criminal conspiracy under the Indian Penal Code.
The Mulund blast occurred on March 13, 2003, killing 12 and injuring 71. Earlier, on December 6, 2002, several persons were injured in the blast at McDonald’s at Mumbai Central station, while a person died when a bomb attached to a cycle exploded in a market area in suburban Vile Parle on January 27, 2003.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016