The Central Railway has recently commissioned 36 new foot overbridges for the safety of pedestrians, among which 26 are new bridges and eight are replacements of the existing old bridges. The 11 commissioned foot overbridges on the division are at Vitthalwadi, Shahad, Karjat, Kanjurmarg, Reay Road, Kings Circle, Chembur, Chembur-Govandi section, Vidyavihar, Kasaiwada (Kurla), and Mumbra.
The 10 sanctioned foot overbridges, work for which are in progress by the Mumbai division are at Nahur, Thane, Vangani, Bhandup (replacement at Kalyan-end), Sewree (replacement at CST-end), Mumbra (replacement at CST-end), Diwai (replacement at CST-end), Asangaon (replacement of the existing bridge), Neral (replacement of the existing bridge) and Currey road.
The 10 foot overbridges that have been constructed by Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation and for which work are in progress are at Dadar, Kurla (CST-end), Kurla (Kalyan-end), Thane, Thakurli, Kalyan, Diwa (CST-end), Wadala road, Chembur (CST-end), and Mankhurd.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The remaining seven which have been approved by the central railway are at Dadar, Matunga (replacement of the existing bridge), Sion (replacement of the existing bridge) Sion (replacement of the existing bridge), Sion extension (replacement of the existing bridge), Sion (replacement of the existing bridge), Parel and Masjid Bunder.
The municipal corporation of greater Mumbai ( MCGM), meanwhile, plans to construct six foot overbridges on Currey Road, Govandi- Mankhurd, Govandi-Mankhurd new, Mankhurd-Vashi, Sion-Kurla, and Kurla (near the river-crossing) and the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) plans to construct two foot overbridges at Sanpada and Turbhe and the Thane municipal corporation (TMC) will construct one bridge at Kalva.