With a day left for the Budget Session to end, the Maharashtra cabinet Wednesday took a slew of decisions with approaching elections in mind.
* Go-ahead to extend the cut-off for slum regularisation from January 1, 1995 to January 1, 2000. About 3 lakh additional slum units will become eligible for free rehabilitation now. While the alliance had been pushing for the move since 2004, a matter in this regard is still pending in the Supreme Court. Attorney General of India Ghoolam Vahanvati’s opinion was sought for introducing the legislation.
* Nod to a contentious proposal permitting Unani and Ayurveda practioners to prescribe allopathic drugs. A similar decision in January regarding homoeopathy practioners had resulted in a public outcry. While a year-long course in modern pharmacology was proposed for homoeopathy practioners, a senior minister said no such rider was imposed in the present case. The approval was granted despite law and judiciary department’s objections.
* New child policy was cleared too. It contains provisions for boys and girls aged up to 18 years. The policy entails stringent measures to eradicate child labour.
* Centre to be approached for transfer of Indu Mill land for Ambedkar memorial
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
* Mumbai Metro-III proposal cleared