An MSRTC bus conductor was arrested for allegedly raping a teenage maid servant, police said on Friday.
The 15-year-old girl served as a maid in the house of the accused, Mahesh Bhoye (30), at Mokhada Phata in Thane district for the past two years, Mokhada police station inspector Ghanashyam Ramchandra Adhav said.
During this time, Bhoye allegedly raped the girl several times following which she became pregnant, the police officer said.
The offence came to light when the teenager was found to be nine months’ pregnant, he said.
The girl’s parents filed a complaint at Mokhada police station yesterday in this regard, based on which the accused was arrested last night, he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Offences were registered against the accused under Section 376 (rape) of the IPC and relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, Adhav said.
Further investigations into the case were on, he added.