An MSRTC bus conductor was arrested for allegedly raping a teenage maid servant, police said on Friday.
The 15-year-old girl served as a maid in the house of the accused, Mahesh Bhoye (30), at Mokhada Phata in Thane district for the past two years, Mokhada police station inspector Ghanashyam Ramchandra Adhav said.
During this time, Bhoye allegedly raped the girl several times following which she became pregnant, the police officer said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The offence came to light when the teenager was found to be nine months’ pregnant, he said.
The girl’s parents filed a complaint at Mokhada police station yesterday in this regard, based on which the accused was arrested last night, he said.
Offences were registered against the accused under Section 376 (rape) of the IPC and relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, Adhav said.
Further investigations into the case were on, he added.