The Bombay High Court has declared holiday on Friday due to heavy rains that are lashing the city and its suburbs.
All courts in Mumbai including the HC will remain shut for the day due to heavy rains, officials said.
Normal life in Mumbai was today thrown out of gear as torrential rains battered the city and its suburbs resulting in cancellation of local train services leaving thousands of commuters stranded.
- Mumbai rains: Airport, train services slowly resume following heavy downpour
- Mumbai rains LIVE updates: Flight services restored, IMD forecast predicts occasional spells of rain for today
- Heavy rains lash Mumbai, BMC on alert
- Mumbai rains: Why maximum city won't forget August 29 easily — a recap
- Mumbai rains: As downpour drowns city, some hang on, others plunge into darkness
- Mumbai rains LIVE updates: 5 dead in separate incidents; train services resume on Harbour line
The heavy rain have caused large scale disruption in the vehicular traffic and cancellation of local train services since last night, which has brought the city to a grinding halt.
The downpours inundated low-lying areas and also caused water-logging of railway tracks.