WITH the aim of promoting pedestrianisation in the area around CST station among other areas, municipal commissioner issued several directives to the local ward office on Tuesday.
Watch What Else is Making News
Meanwhile, additional municipal commissioner Sanjay Deshmukh has written to the collector of Mumbai city, Ashwini Joshi, to handover the land required for widening of Hazarimal Somani Road on Tuesday.
Even though the A ward officials had approached Joshi several months ago and even conducted a joint survey with the collectorate officials, the collector has been silent on the issue. “We have asked her many times but have not received any response. The tendering process for one half of the road is complete, while the other one is under process and we need to start the work as soon as possible,” said a civic official.
The letter said apart from widening of the road, the project includes construction of a pedestrian pathway and an artistic heritage canopy above it. Deshmukh, in his letter, added that the project was a priority for the civic body since “the construction of the pedestrian pathway will give a big relied to lakhs of pedestrians commuting from Churchgate to CST”.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The entire project of the road widening will need a total of 5,801 square metre of land which currently is under the collector’s jurisdiction.