THE BMC has constituted a Technical Advisory Committee for the civic Development Plan (TAC-DP) department to interpret the Development Control Regulations (DCR) and to scrutinise and recommend building proposals for approval.
The DP department is responsible for formulating various policies and guidelines from time to time and issuing circulars in this regard. Under the provisions of the Maharashtra Regional and Town Planning (MRTP) Act, 1966, the department works on proposals for modification of the DCR which are initiated by the administration as per the directions of the State Urban Development department.
The department implements the DCR and provisions of the Mumbai development plan while processing development proposals within the BMC’s jurisdiction through the Building Proposals (BP) department.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“It is felt that inputs from experts or knowledgeable personalities in this field, other than the present staff of the DP department, is necessary while dealing with policy circulars, various D P provisions, DCR and its interpretations,” said Rajeev Kuknur, chief engineer of the DP department, in a circular issued on April 4.
The TAC-DP comprises six members and former director of engineering services and projects (ES&P) of the BMC, A N Kale, has been appointed as the committee’s chairman. Other members include three former deputy chief engineers of the DP department and Kuknur who is the member-secretary of the committee.
The corporation has also appointed Rajeev Mishra, principal of the JJ college of Architecture and deputy director of town planning for Greater Mumbai Sanjay Kurve as members.
“The committee will study cases specially referred to it by the municipal commissioner in respect of DP/ BP matters and will advise the civic chief in such cases. Additionally, the TAC will recommend the procedure to be adopted by the civic departments to streamline the working wherever necessary,” the official added.