THE BMC has constituted a Technical Advisory Committee for the civic Development Plan (TAC-DP) department to interpret the Development Control Regulations (DCR) and to scrutinise and recommend building proposals for approval.
The DP department is responsible for formulating various policies and guidelines from time to time and issuing circulars in this regard. Under the provisions of the Maharashtra Regional and Town Planning (MRTP) Act, 1966, the department works on proposals for modification of the DCR which are initiated by the administration as per the directions of the State Urban Development department.
The department implements the DCR and provisions of the Mumbai development plan while processing development proposals within the BMC’s jurisdiction through the Building Proposals (BP) department.
“It is felt that inputs from experts or knowledgeable personalities in this field, other than the present staff of the DP department, is necessary while dealing with policy circulars, various D P provisions, DCR and its interpretations,” said Rajeev Kuknur, chief engineer of the DP department, in a circular issued on April 4.
The TAC-DP comprises six members and former director of engineering services and projects (ES&P) of the BMC, A N Kale, has been appointed as the committee’s chairman. Other members include three former deputy chief engineers of the DP department and Kuknur who is the member-secretary of the committee.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The corporation has also appointed Rajeev Mishra, principal of the JJ college of Architecture and deputy director of town planning for Greater Mumbai Sanjay Kurve as members.
“The committee will study cases specially referred to it by the municipal commissioner in respect of DP/ BP matters and will advise the civic chief in such cases. Additionally, the TAC will recommend the procedure to be adopted by the civic departments to streamline the working wherever necessary,” the official added.