By: Express Feature Service
While the release of Gulabi Gang two weeks ago showed the growing acceptance of documentary films in India, Nisha Pahuja’s ‘The World Before Her’ will add to the momentum. The film that won numerous awards abroad — including the World Documentary Competition Award at Tribeca Film Festival where it premiered in 2012 — will now get a theatrical release in India.
It will release in six cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Pune, Ahmedabad and Bangalore through the PVR Director’s Rare Initiative on April 24. Through the stories of a beauty pageant aspirant and a young, militant leader of an all-women Hindu fundamentalist group, The World Before Her attempts to paint a picture of India through its two divergent sides.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Although we’ve had a great run with it abroad, I’ve always felt that it needs to be watched in India because it is first and foremost an Indian story,” says Pahuja.