Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal Friday filed his nomination papers for the Nashik Lok Sabha constituency here amid huge fanfare.
He was accompanied by Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Congress MLA from Sinnar Manikrao Kokate and Congress district president Rajaram Pangavhane.
Earlier, Bhujbal left the Congress committee office on busy Mahatma Gandhi road here to file his nomination, in a huge procession taken out by Congress and NCP activists along with Maharashtra Tribal Development Minister Madhukar Pichad, Congress’ Vinayak Patil, RPI (Kawade faction) workers.
Criticising the Opposition parties, especially MNS and Shiv Sena, Ajit Pawar said the two cousins, Raj and Uddhav Thackeray, were quarrelling over petty issues while the BJP was busy sidelining its senior leaders.
He said the Congress and NCP government came forward to bail farmers during calamities like unseasonal rains and hailstorm and now its time that they firmly stood behind the parties.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Pawar appealed people to vote for Congress and NCP candidates in Nashik division, which comprises five districts of Nashik, Jalgaon, Dhule, Nandurbar and Ahmednagar.
Bhujbal is locked in a battle with AAP candidate and irrigation scam whistle-blower Vijay Pandhare as well as MNS candidate Pradeep Pawar and Shiv Sena leader Hemant Godse. Godse filed his papers in the presence of Sena leaders Nilam Gorhe, Ravindra Mirlekar.