Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal Friday filed his nomination papers for the Nashik Lok Sabha constituency here amid huge fanfare.
He was accompanied by Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Congress MLA from Sinnar Manikrao Kokate and Congress district president Rajaram Pangavhane.
Earlier, Bhujbal left the Congress committee office on busy Mahatma Gandhi road here to file his nomination, in a huge procession taken out by Congress and NCP activists along with Maharashtra Tribal Development Minister Madhukar Pichad, Congress’ Vinayak Patil, RPI (Kawade faction) workers.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Criticising the Opposition parties, especially MNS and Shiv Sena, Ajit Pawar said the two cousins, Raj and Uddhav Thackeray, were quarrelling over petty issues while the BJP was busy sidelining its senior leaders.
He said the Congress and NCP government came forward to bail farmers during calamities like unseasonal rains and hailstorm and now its time that they firmly stood behind the parties.
Pawar appealed people to vote for Congress and NCP candidates in Nashik division, which comprises five districts of Nashik, Jalgaon, Dhule, Nandurbar and Ahmednagar.
Bhujbal is locked in a battle with AAP candidate and irrigation scam whistle-blower Vijay Pandhare as well as MNS candidate Pradeep Pawar and Shiv Sena leader Hemant Godse. Godse filed his papers in the presence of Sena leaders Nilam Gorhe, Ravindra Mirlekar.