The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) Monday filed a 542-page supplementary chargesheet against alleged Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative Yasin Bhatkal and his aide Asadullah Akthar before the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court in connection with the July 13, 2011, Mumbai triple blasts case.
According to the chargesheet, Bhatkal was a key conspirator of the three bomb blasts – at a bus stop near Dadar Kabutarkhana, Opera House and Zaveri Bazaar – which claimed 27 lives and left 127 injured. The ATS has accused Bhatkal of planting the bomb at Dadar Kabutarkhana that left one dead and 14 others wounded.
This is the second supplementary chargesheet filed in the case. The ATS had arrested five persons – Naquee Ahmed, Nadeem Shaikh, Kanwar Pathrija, Haroon Naik and Mohammed Qafeel Ansari – who are facing trial under the MCOCA, sections of the Indian Penal Code and other relevant Acts.
Bhatkal and Akhtar, who were arrested in Bihar on the Indo-Nepal border in August last year, were not produced before the special MCOCA court. ATS officers informed the court that the two were in the Delhi Police’s custody and that a copy of the chargesheet would be handed over to them at Tihar jail.
The ATS has recorded 59 statements in all to build its case. Those still wanted in the case are IM co-founder Riyaz Bhatkal, Waqas Ibrahim Sad and Tehseen Akhtar Shaikh, said an ATS officer. Tehseen was arrested by the Delhi Police Special Cell in March this year.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016