The Gamdevi police on Thursday arrested a domestic help working at the south Mumbai residence of the vice consul of Belgium for allegedly stealing over Rs 3 lakh in cash from her employer’s house.
Police said the complainant, Josipina Joje Nirvonagiz (44), stays in Breach Candy area and had employed a domestic help, Rita Johri (45). On Wednesday, she complained to the Gamdevi police saying that Rs 3,51,000 was missing from the cupboard in her bedroom and that she suspected Johri of having stolen the money. The police had registered a complaint of theft.
An officer said as there were no signs of forced entry into the house and as the lock to the cupboard had not been forced open, the suspicion of insider involvement was strengthened and Johri was the first logical suspect. She was detained for questioning by the police.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Johri has confessed. She also said she had a duplicate key made for the cupboard. We have recovered Rs 87,000 from her. A probe is on,” said Additional Commissioner of Police (south Region) Krishna Prakash.