A teenager was allegedly raped by an auto rickshaw driver in suburban Chembur on the pretext of providing her a job, police said on Friday.
Four accused identified as Amir Khan (20), Deepak Patil (34), Farooq Shaikh (29) and a woman Nasim Khan (34), were arrested in connection with the incident that occurred on Wednesday.
Perpetrator of the crime Amir Khan, an auto rickshaw driver, allegedly sexually assaulted the 18-year-old victim at his rented house, while three others abetted the crime.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to the police, the victim was on friendly terms with Nasim. On Wednesday, Nasim asked the victim to accompany her on a visit to her friends- Amir and Farooq, who would help her secure a job at a beauty parlour.
“Accordingly, the victim went with Nasim to Central Mumbai where they met Amir and Farooq. Nasim then left the place and Amir and Frooq took the victim to their house in Chembur on the pretext of discussing her job prospects,”
Sub-inspector Trombay police station Kirti Mane said.
After reaching Amir’s home, Farooq left the place saying he had some important work, Mane added.
Amir then overpowered the girl and raped her. Police said the house belonged to Amir’s friend Deepak Patil, who also knew about his intentions and participated in the conspiracy.
The victim narrated the ordeal to her family the next day and an FIR was registered. All four accused were arrested this morning, police said.