As soon as the flashbulbs died down and Rani Mukerji took a seat at the press conference to launch the promo of her next film, Mardaani, on Tuesday, she was quizzed about her recent hush-hush wedding to Aditya Chopra. Having anticipated this, the actor immediately had her team distribute laddoos to the attendees. “Meetha khao aur meetha-meetha bolo” (Let the sweet also sweeten your words), she said.
The laddoos seemed to have had the desired effect and the audience calmed down. Even though they remained inquisitive about her married life, the discussion veered towards Mardaani, which Rani admittedly hopes will prove to be her comeback film. “I’ve taken on the role of a wife and in future, I’ll have on me the responsibility of a mother too, but you cannot take art out of an artiste,” she said, dismissing the possibility that Mardaani might be her swan song. Rani also clarified that she will not be taking on a formal role in the Chopra-run Yash Raj Studios.
Talking about Pradeep Sarkar-directed Mardaani, she said it focuses on the issues of child-trafficking, and the role of female cops in fighting crime. Unlike her last appearance, where she came looking like a newly-wed, on Tuesday evening, the actor was dressed in the spirit of her character Shivani Shivaji Roy. She wore distressed denims, a black inner and a white summer jacket, with hair knotted in a top bun.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing