As soon as the flashbulbs died down and Rani Mukerji took a seat at the press conference to launch the promo of her next film, Mardaani, on Tuesday, she was quizzed about her recent hush-hush wedding to Aditya Chopra. Having anticipated this, the actor immediately had her team distribute laddoos to the attendees. “Meetha khao aur meetha-meetha bolo” (Let the sweet also sweeten your words), she said.
The laddoos seemed to have had the desired effect and the audience calmed down. Even though they remained inquisitive about her married life, the discussion veered towards Mardaani, which Rani admittedly hopes will prove to be her comeback film. “I’ve taken on the role of a wife and in future, I’ll have on me the responsibility of a mother too, but you cannot take art out of an artiste,” she said, dismissing the possibility that Mardaani might be her swan song. Rani also clarified that she will not be taking on a formal role in the Chopra-run Yash Raj Studios.
Talking about Pradeep Sarkar-directed Mardaani, she said it focuses on the issues of child-trafficking, and the role of female cops in fighting crime. Unlike her last appearance, where she came looking like a newly-wed, on Tuesday evening, the actor was dressed in the spirit of her character Shivani Shivaji Roy. She wore distressed denims, a black inner and a white summer jacket, with hair knotted in a top bun.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016