Alleged ISIS recruit Areeb Majeed’s bail plea hearing was adjourned in the Bombay High Court on Thursday after the National Investigation Agency’s (NIA) counsel remained unavailable. Majeed has been in custody for over a year and his bail plea has been pending in HC since June this year. Majeed approached the High Court after his bail plea was rejected by a special NIA court and had sought bail as a matter of his “right under the criminal procedure code,” considering that he has been in custody since November last year and the investigating authorities have already filed a chargesheet in the case.
- Naeem Ramodia, alleged ISIS member, seeks bail, says he’s a misguided youth
- Majeed, held on terror charges, tells court he’ll argue own case
- NIA opposes Areeb Majeed’s bail
- Bombay HC junks ISIS recruit’s plea against NIA court’s order rejecting his bail
- Bombay HC reserves order on bail for Areeb Majeed
- Kalyan To Isis: Areeb detention was extended by court without jurisdiction
The NIA opposed Majeed’s plea in a written reply before HC and the matter is likely to come up for hearing on Monday. Besides the appeal for bail, Majeed has filed a petition challenging his remand, terming the same as “illegal detention.”