An alert has been sounded in Mumbai after a low-intensity blast in Pune, the police said on Friday.
An alert has been sounded and security tightened at railway stations, bus terminuses, entry points, vital installations, religious places and communally-sensitive areas of Mumbai after the explosion in Pune this afternoon, Deputy Police Commissioner Mahesh Patil said.
“I appeal to the people to inform the police if they spot any suspicious object and not believe in rumours,” the DCP said.
Vehicles are being randomly checked by the police across the city, the police said. The police are also checking hotels, lodges and boarding houses.
Hoteliers have been asked to make background checks of people renting rooms, the police said. The Coast Guard and Navy are maintenance surveillance along the western coastline, using patrol vessels and helicopters.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Three people, including a constable, were injured when an explosive device kept in a motorcycle at a parking lot of Pharaskhana police station in Pune went off today, officials said.