As the hunger strike by Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam to demand reduction in power tariff in the city entered its third day on Saturday, the party’s state unit president Manikrao Thakre, who is currently in Yavatmal, was asked to rush to Mumbai to persuade him to call off his fast.
Nirupam, who has been sitting on a hunger strike outside the office of Reliance Energy, a power distribution company in the city, Saturday threatened to immolate himself if his demand was not met.
Earlier, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, who is currently away in Davos for the World Economic Forum meet, had warned Congress members against taking to street agitation on the issue, saying it needed discussions.
Chavan was scheduled to return to Mumbai late Saturday night and visit Nirupam.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai