Amid attempts to pacify sulking Congress leader Narayan Rane, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan Wednesday faced fire from another senior Congress minister Nitin Raut.
The Vidarbha minister is reportedly upset that Chavan disregarding his seniority and claim, while effecting changes for the post of district guardian ministers.
The Chavan-led general administration department effected changes for guardian ministers of four Vidarbha districts namely Nagpur, Wardha, Yavatmal, and Bhandara.
As per the order, minister of state (finance) Rajendra Mulak was to replace social justice minister Shivajirao Moghe as the guardian minister for Nagpur city, while Moghe was newly entrusted the charge of his native Yavatmal district.
With both Mulak and Raut hailing from Nagpur, the latter, being a cabinet minister, feels that his seniority had been ignored. Raut was instead given charge of the Bhandara district.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Taking exception to this ‘insult’, Raut did not participate during discussions in the cabinet while remaining present. During the meeting , he also let his displeasure known to other cabinet colleagues.
To resolve the matter between Chavan and Raut, state party president Manikrao Thakre mediated in a meeting which took place immediately after the cabinet meeting. The outcome of the meeting could not be confirmed as the three leaders remained unavailable for comment.