Amid attempts to pacify sulking Congress leader Narayan Rane, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan Wednesday faced fire from another senior Congress minister Nitin Raut.
The Vidarbha minister is reportedly upset that Chavan disregarding his seniority and claim, while effecting changes for the post of district guardian ministers.
The Chavan-led general administration department effected changes for guardian ministers of four Vidarbha districts namely Nagpur, Wardha, Yavatmal, and Bhandara.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
As per the order, minister of state (finance) Rajendra Mulak was to replace social justice minister Shivajirao Moghe as the guardian minister for Nagpur city, while Moghe was newly entrusted the charge of his native Yavatmal district.
With both Mulak and Raut hailing from Nagpur, the latter, being a cabinet minister, feels that his seniority had been ignored. Raut was instead given charge of the Bhandara district.
Taking exception to this ‘insult’, Raut did not participate during discussions in the cabinet while remaining present. During the meeting , he also let his displeasure known to other cabinet colleagues.
To resolve the matter between Chavan and Raut, state party president Manikrao Thakre mediated in a meeting which took place immediately after the cabinet meeting. The outcome of the meeting could not be confirmed as the three leaders remained unavailable for comment.