Even as NCP president Sharad Pawar on Friday criticised the media in a post on his Facebook page for allotting too much time to a particular political leader and ignoring other leaders, daughter Supriya Sule has praised the media the world over “for always giving Sharad Pawar and his family top priority in their coverage.”
Sule’s comments have come in reply to a ‘paid news’ notice served to her by the District Election Office. On April 15, the election office had sought a clarification regarding an alleged ‘paid news’ published in some local newpapers – at least two English newspapers and a few Marathi newspapers.
In reply, Sule through her polling representative Kiran Gujar, a close associate of Sharad Pawar, has denied that she has ever issued any ‘paid news’ to any newspaper. “We have not issued any paid news to any newspaper. Calling the news as paid news will be like questioning the credibility of these newspapers…Since we have not issued any paid news, there is no questioning of including this under our election expenditure,” Gujar said.
Sule’s office had to sent in the clarification as the district election office had objected to a picture of Sule and her children published in the newspapers, describing it as ‘paid news’ that should be included in the election expenditure. At least four-five days before the polling, Sule’s children had participated in the campaigning for their mother. Their pictures were carried in several Pune newspapers.
In her defence, her office said, “Supriya Sule is the daughter of Sharad Pawar, who is a national leader. Pawar has been in politics since 1967 and has served as chief minister, MP. He has made invaluable contributions to various fields, including cultural, sports and social. This has given him popularity among the masses. The media, has given Pawar a prominent place. Because of this, the attention of the media the world over remains on the Pawar family.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The reply added,”Sule is contesting for the second time from Baramati. She has worked for women empowerment and the country’s entire media has given her coverage on a large scale. The media always takes cognizance of the contribution made by the Pawar family. As family members such as Sunetra Pawar, Nandati Pawar, Sharmila Pawar, Nita Patil, Rajnitai Indulkar, Vijayatai Patil, Rajendra Pawar, Srinivas Pawar and Ranjit Pawar have participated, the media took note of it. Even Supriya’s husband Sadanand Sule, who stays away from the limelight, enthusiastically participated in the campaigning. And so did her children. It happens to be a big news for the media and so they covered it.”