After a delay of over six months, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) will undertake a survey of city hawkers from July 18. Through the survey, the civic body hopes to acquire an actual count of the number of street vendors, and identify ideal spots for hawking plazas and zones in the city.
“The survey and registration of hawkers will be undertaken in four phases. We hope to finish the entire registration process by October-end to address the problems of encroachment and unlicensed hawking in the city,” said an official.
Between July 18 and and 21, the survey teams of the civic body will start distributing the forms, on which hawkers will fill in details of their nationality, caste, religion, sub-caste and family background among others. Following this, the hawkers will be given time till July 28 to fill in the details and submit the forms.
The 241 survey teams consist of five members each comprising civic officials, hawkers’ union representatives, NGOs and welfare associations .
“We will start scrutinising the data submitted by the hawkers from July 30 to August 5, following which we will begin data entry and hopefully finish it within 15 days,” the civic official added.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
A biometric survey will be conducted from August 21 and then identity cards and special uniforms will be issued to the vendors.
The corporation was instructed to complete the registration of vendors in four months starting January. BMC sought an extension, given the sheer volume of the city.
There are about three lakh hawkers in the city, of which only 18,000 have a BMC licence. The civic administration will scrutinise details of more than two lakh illegal hawkers.