The controversial Adarsh Housing Society Wednesday issued a showcause notice to BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for allegedly defaming the society by publicly accusing it of usurping defence land even though there was no evidence to suggest that.
The housing society has asked Modi to respond to the notice within 72 hours, failing which it has threatened to file a suit in the Bombay High Court seeking damages of Rs 100 crore. The society has also sought an unconditional apology from Modi.
After the alleged scam broke out in 2010, the CBI probed the matter and said in its report that the plush housing complex in Colaba was meant to house families of Kargil war heroes but was instead allotted to politicians, bureaucrats and civilians.
However, the judicial commission appointed by the state government had concluded that the land was never meant to house families of war heroes.
“During your election rallies across the country, You (Modi) have been attacking the Congress and their leaders to which we have no complaint, but your attempt to tarnish us with false and fabricated, serious allegations like the society has grabbed defence land and that the same was meant for Kargil heroes and war widows have caused irreparable loss to the society and its members. It has disturbed the social life of all the 103 families, who have been very hardly (sic) hit by your false accusations,” the society’s notice stated. The society’s notice to Modi stated that they had, in fact, turned to the BJP leader after they felt let down by the Congress.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Maharashtra BJP spokesperson Keshav Upadhye said they would legal advice before replying to the notice.