Gautam S Mengle
Sandeep Lohariya, son of murder victim Sunilkumar Lohariya, has approached ADGP (Prisons) Meeran Borwankar asking that Anurag Garg and Suresh Bijlani, two of the prime accused in the murder, should not be lodged together in Thane central jail, and at least one of them should be moved to a different prison.
Bijlani and Garg are alleged to be among the main conspirators in the murder of Lohariya outside his office in Vashi in February last year.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Bijlani surrendered to the Mumbai Police Crime Branch in July last year, while Garg surrendered on May 9 this year. Both of them have been remanded to judicial custody and are currently lodged in the Thane central jail.
“I have objected against the lodging of Garg and Bijlani in the same prison. I find it suspicious that while all other accused in the case have been sent to the Taloja central jail, only Garg and Bijlani have been lodged together. I have asked that at least one of them be moved out of the Thane jail,” said Sandeep.
Bijlani and Garg are also the only two people named by Lohariya in his dying declaration. While he was being taken to the hospital by his employees after being shot, he reportedly told one of his employees that Garg and Bijlani were the ones behind the attack on him. The employee has already given a statement to the Crime Branch confirming this, said police sources.
When contacted, Borwankar confirmed that she had been approached by Sandeep.
“I am currently examining the merits of the allegations made by him and will soon take a decision on the matter,” she said.
According to investigating officers, Bijlani introduced retired police inspector Emmanuel Amolik to Garg, and he was later given the contract to kill Lohariya by Garg. Amolik is among the 12 accused arrested by the Crime Branch.