Gautam S Mengle
Sandeep Lohariya, son of murder victim Sunilkumar Lohariya, has approached ADGP (Prisons) Meeran Borwankar asking that Anurag Garg and Suresh Bijlani, two of the prime accused in the murder, should not be lodged together in Thane central jail, and at least one of them should be moved to a different prison.
Bijlani and Garg are alleged to be among the main conspirators in the murder of Lohariya outside his office in Vashi in February last year.
Bijlani surrendered to the Mumbai Police Crime Branch in July last year, while Garg surrendered on May 9 this year. Both of them have been remanded to judicial custody and are currently lodged in the Thane central jail.
“I have objected against the lodging of Garg and Bijlani in the same prison. I find it suspicious that while all other accused in the case have been sent to the Taloja central jail, only Garg and Bijlani have been lodged together. I have asked that at least one of them be moved out of the Thane jail,” said Sandeep.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Bijlani and Garg are also the only two people named by Lohariya in his dying declaration. While he was being taken to the hospital by his employees after being shot, he reportedly told one of his employees that Garg and Bijlani were the ones behind the attack on him. The employee has already given a statement to the Crime Branch confirming this, said police sources.
When contacted, Borwankar confirmed that she had been approached by Sandeep.
“I am currently examining the merits of the allegations made by him and will soon take a decision on the matter,” she said.
According to investigating officers, Bijlani introduced retired police inspector Emmanuel Amolik to Garg, and he was later given the contract to kill Lohariya by Garg. Amolik is among the 12 accused arrested by the Crime Branch.