Coming out in support of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), personalities associated with the Indian film industry said both the ruling Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) have miserably failed the common man. Calling Arvind Kejriwal an ‘honest leader’, they said people were tired of facing corruption at the hands of both the parties and a change was much needed.
It was only recently that after a section of Bollywood artistes appealed the people to vote for a secular candidate, some others, including actor Vivek Oberoi and director Madhur Bhandarkar, came out in support of BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi. Even Bollywood star Salman Khan’s father Salim had faced flak of an Aligarh-based Muslim body for launching the official Urdu website of the BJP prime ministerial candidate. In a meeting held in Juhu Monday to express solidarity for AAP and its leaders in the country, artistes said AAP could make a “watchdog” if not sit at the helm of affairs.
“We have had enough. It is high time that we see a change in governance. We have already seen what Congress has done and BJP is no different either,” said actor Ranvir Shorey.
Producer-director Anubhav Sinha said although AAP was making its debut and competing with big political parties, Kejriwal was getting “good support” from the people. “It (AAP) is a small political party, but they are getting support from the people. I have no official capacity in the party but know that it is a party of and for the common man,” said the producer of the recently released Gulaab Gang.
Actor Raj Zutshi said that he has been taking part in the party’s rallies and jansabhas for the past one month. “Even if AAP does not win elections with majority, it can certainly be a watchdog for others. When AAP came to power in Delhi, there was a significant change in governance. Kejriwal had to quit after 49 days as the party knew the people willing to support the government could have withdrawn their support anytime later,” said Zutshi.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Kejriwal is someone who genuinely thinks about the country and does not wish to fill his pockets like other politicians,” said film actress Vidya Malvade.