Police on Wednesday fined the driver of the autorickshaw, who ferried AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal to suburban Andheri railway station from airport, for violation of the Motor Vehicle Act by carrying more than three passengers.
After landing here, Kejriwal boarded the autorickshaw to travel a five-km distance to the railway station from where he took a local train to reach Churchgate railway station in South Mumbai. Additional Commissioner of Police Quaiser Khalid said the auto driver was fined for carrying more than three passengers in the vehicle.
“Since there is a violation of Motor Vehicle Act, we have taken action against the errant driver and fined him accordingly,” Khalid said. According to sources, police also slapped a fine on those autos which were part of Kejriwal’s convoy under the same provision.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage