A fortnight since 24-year-old Swapnali Lad seriously injured herself after jumping out of a speeding autorickhsaw in Thane fearing kidnap, the police has come no where close to locating the vehicle’s fugitive driver. Lad, an employee at TCS in Thane was returning to her Kolshet home on August 1 when the incident occurred.
The police is now speaking to individuals owning and renting out multiple autorickshaws in the city.
The police however, is dependent upon Lad gaining consciousness and giving them her own account of the events.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Lad must have been in the autorickshaw for scarcely 30 seconds before jumping out. It seems that when the driver drove straight past Kapurbawdi Naka, instead of turning left for Kolshet, she panicked, and jumped out. We are not sure what scared her in those few seconds and prompted her to jump out,” said S. S. Kadam, senior inspector, Kapurbawdi police station.
“We have begun questioning individuals who own several autorickshaws and rent them out on a daily basis. In two weeks, we have questioned more than 400 drivers,” Kadam added.