A fortnight since 24-year-old Swapnali Lad seriously injured herself after jumping out of a speeding autorickhsaw in Thane fearing kidnap, the police has come no where close to locating the vehicle’s fugitive driver. Lad, an employee at TCS in Thane was returning to her Kolshet home on August 1 when the incident occurred.
The police is now speaking to individuals owning and renting out multiple autorickshaws in the city.
The police however, is dependent upon Lad gaining consciousness and giving them her own account of the events.
“Lad must have been in the autorickshaw for scarcely 30 seconds before jumping out. It seems that when the driver drove straight past Kapurbawdi Naka, instead of turning left for Kolshet, she panicked, and jumped out. We are not sure what scared her in those few seconds and prompted her to jump out,” said S. S. Kadam, senior inspector, Kapurbawdi police station.
“We have begun questioning individuals who own several autorickshaws and rent them out on a daily basis. In two weeks, we have questioned more than 400 drivers,” Kadam added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016