A 43-year-old Chartered Accountant from Mumbai was allegedly pushed off his bike by a person who had given him a lift and was looted of cash Rs 50,000 and cell phone.
As per the information given by Bundgarden police, a complaint in this regard has been registered by Amit Nisar, a resident of Kandivali in Mumbai. The incident took place on the night of October 1, near Sadhu Vaswani chowk in Pune. Police said Nisar registered the complaint on Saturday as he was under treatment for the injuries he had sustained in the incident.
- Gurgaon woman alleges molestation in cab, forced to file robbery complaint
- Chandigarh: Biker hits India Reserve Battalion constable, arrested
- 2 revenue officials arrested for taking bribe
- Mohali: Thieves strike at judge’s house, make off with Rs 6,000 and LED screen
- Resisting snatchers, woman falls off auto, sustains head injury
- Three workers die after falling from 9th floor of building in Pune
As per the complaint, Nisar had come to Pune for some work on the day of the incident. Around 10 pm, after having dinner, he asked for lift from a biker from a spot near Sadhu Vaswani chowk. After some distance, the biker pushed him off the bike. Nisar fell down and sustained injuries. The unidentified biker snatched a bag Nisar was carrying which contained Rs 50,000 and his cell phone and fled from the spot.
Senior inspector Madan Bahaddarpure, of Bundgarden police station said, “Nisar is recovering and his statement has been recorded. Our probe is on and we are working some possible angles. We have come to know that he is a chartered accountant.”