The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) Thursday announced the candidature of state’s Water Resources Minister Sunil Tatkare for the Raigad Lok Sabha seat.
The announcement, which comes on expected lines, makes Tatkare the third NCP minister in the state to be fielded for the LS polls.
The party has already fielded Public Works Department Minister Chaggan Bhujbal from Nashik and Minister of State (Revenue) Suresh Dhas from Beed.
The party’s state unit president Bhaskar Jadhav, who has often been at loggerheads with Tatkare, announced the latter’s candidature.
The NCP had earlier claimed the Raigad seat from the Congress in exchange for Hingoli.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Tatkare will take on sitting Shiv Sena MP Anant Geete, who trounced former Congress Chief Minister A R Antulay in 2009.
With the exception of the Maval LS seat in western Maharashtra, the NCP has now declared candidates for all the remaining 20 seats it is contesting in Maharashtra. In Maval, the party is scouting for a candidate after its preferred choice, Independent legislator Laxman Jagtap, refused to contest on an NCP ticket.
Meanwhile, Jadhav also announced that the NCP had the support of two Republican party factions – Republican Party of India (Khobragade) led by former legislator Upendra Shende and Subhash Waghmare-led RPI (S).
Dattatray wins Latur primary to bag Cong ticket Dattatray Bansode Thursday emerged as the Congress candidate for Latur Lok Sabha constituency, where a primary was held to decide the party’s nominee. Bansode, who is the president of district zilla parishad in Latur, came out way ahead of other half-a-dozen candidates in fray by polling 760 votes. He is a close confidant of Amit Deshmukh, son of late Vilasrao Deshmukh.