THE Mumbra police have arrested a 32-year-old man for allegedly trying to set his neighbour’s house on fire using kerosene. The police said that this was not the first time that the accused attempted arson, and that he has been harassing them as he wants them to vacate their house so that he can buy it.
According to the Mumbra police, the accused, Shabbir Khalil Zariwala (32), is a resident of the Burhani building in Jeevan Baug, Mumbra.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone I) Ashok Dudhe said, “Zariwala tried to burn the flat where Abdul Majid Patel (45), a cable operator, stays with his family in the early hours of Wednesday morning. We arrested him within a few hours of the crime and charged him under Section 436 ( Mischief by fire or explosive substance with intent to destroy house) of the Indian Penal Code.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The Patel family said that this was the fifth such attempt by Zariwala and that they had even installed closed circuit television cameras (CCTV) outside their house due to his continued harassment.
“The smell and smoke alerted me and I woke my father. We looked at the CCTV footage and saw Zariwala in it, after which we immediately called the the police,” said Patel’s son Suleman.
An officer with the Mumbra Police said, “The Patel family shifted to the Burhani building nine years ago. Their neighbours have told us that Zariwala wanted to buy the flat that they were staying in but they were not willing to sell it. Zariwala was upset over this and has been harassing the Patel family for the last three years. He has also tried to burn down their house using petrol or kerosene in the past.”