Three housing societies in the Campa Cola Compound Monday moved the Bombay High Court against the Controller of Stamps and the sub-registrar of assurances alleging “inaction and callous attitude” on their part in granting deemed conveyance to the societies.
The societies within the compound in Worli have been embroiled in a row over the proposed demolition of 25 illegal floors in seven buildings.
A bench of the apex court had earlier stayed the demolition of the unauthorised flats after taking cognisance of the matter on humanitarian grounds, following reports in the media. The court that had dismissed the review petition in the case had later extended the date of demolition from November 11, 2013 to May 31, 2014.
Mid-town, Orchid and Shubh co-operative housing societies have moved the High Court stating that on September 27, 2013, the six societies within the compound, spread over 13,049 sq m, had applied for deemed conveyance.
According to their petition, the competent authority issued a deemed conveyance certificate-cum-order and sought stamp duty adjudication on December 21, 2013. The petition adds that on January 2, the Controller of Stamps sought the local plan of the societies, the city survey plan from the state revenue department, the layout plan approved by the local authority, an architect’s certificate, building structure plan approved by the appropriate authority, a commencement certificate and list of all flat purchasers floor-wise.
The societies contended that they had submitted all the plans except for plans certified by the architect. Urging the court to direct the Controller of Stamps to expedite the adjudication of stamp duty, the societies have stated that the documents sought by the authority are neither relevant nor necessary.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Assistant government pleader G W Mattos sought time to seek instructions from the concerned state authority. Justice V M Kanade and A K Menon then posted the case for hearing on April 29.