A sessions court Thursday awarded life sentence to two men who gangraped a 20-year-old woman, made an MMS clip of their heinous act and circulated it. The victim, who was the girlfriend of one of the accused, had gone to Siddhivinayak Temple, after which they abducted and sexually assaulted her. Three minors accused in the case are being tried in the Juvenile court.
While pronouncing the verdict, sessions judge U S Joshi Phalke observed that the two accused – Suraj Nepali and Rajesh Jaiswal, both in their 20s – had not only committed the serious crime of rape, but they had also defamed the victim by publishing and circulating the MMS clip.
In May 2011, the victim, a Kurar resident, had gone to the temple along with Jaiswal and four others. After the visit, they initially decided to board a train home, but got into a scuffle with some people and hired a taxi instead. They reached Kurar and took the victim to a forest area. The men took turns to sexually assault her and recorded the act on their phone.
The case came to light only in July 2011, when an MMS clip of the incident was found circulating in the neighbourhood. After a television channel ran the story, the Kurar police registered an offence and arrested the accused.
Appearing for one of the accused, advocate Mahesh Patil said they would be filing an appeal against the conviction in the Bombay High Court.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review