A 19-year-old youth was stabbed to death on Sunday after he tried to intervene in a heated argument between his friends on a Whatsapp group. The stabbing happened at New Grain Market on Kohara Road in Sahnewal when the victim went to resolve a dispute among his friends.
The deceased has been identified as Davinder Singh, alias Raju (19), of village Jandiali near Sahnewal. The Sahnewal police have begun preliminary investigation in the case and sent the body to Civil Hospital for postmortem.
- Snatching incident caught on CCTV camera
- College student stabbed over WhatsApp group tiff
- Three arrested for sexually harassing girl, assaulting victim and her mother
- Spurned lover stabs 17-year-old to death at Grain Market
- Delhi: On Holi, arguments turn serious with 3 murders
- Youth stabbed in Colony Number 5,three arrested
Two friends, Himanshu and Guggu Grewal, reportedly entered into an argument on a Whatsapp group. The victim Davinder, who was a mutual friend, tried to intervene and avert the clash. Around 2 pm, Guggu along with his accomplices clashed with Himanshu and his accomplices at New Grain Market. Davinder, who tried to intervene, was stabbed with a sharp weapon and died on the spot. Two more persons suffered injuries during the clash.
SHO at Police station Sahnewal Hardeep Singh said that they have begun investigation and information is being gathered on who would have stabbed Davinder.