Panic gripped the residents of Sarabha Nagar when gunshots were fired for almost 15 minutes in front of the residence of senior Akali leader Jagdev Singh Talwandi on Thursday evening.
Two Youth Akali Dal factions, led by Kaka Grewal and Kulwinder Singh Kinda, entered into a clash leaving three injured.
Five cars with stickers of Youth Akali Dal and VVIP parking of Kabaddi World Cup held in Ludhiana recently were found with broken windowpanes on the crime spot. Also, hockey sticks and baseball bats were found in one of the cars.
An eyewitness said that “more than 50 people were seen involved in the clash and firing at each other”.
Reportedly, some of them also entered the houses near by to save themselves from firing, including the residence of senior Akali leader and former SGPC president Jagdev Singh Talwandi.
Police recovered 170 shells of bullets from the spot. Shells were recovered not only from the roads of Sarabha Nagar but also from the houses near by.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The residents claimed that the accused also had swords in their hands. The two injured were rushed to Christian Medical College and Hospital.
Police Commissioner P S Gill rushed to the spot.
ACP (west) Dhruman Nimbale said, “We have arrested seven persons out of which three are injured. One of the leaders, Kaka Grewal, is also admitted to CMCH. Till now, no connection with senior Akali leader Talwandi has come up. The factions had a fight a few days back on a petty issue and today they were here for a compromise. However, they came fully prepared for attacking each other. Cases against unidentified accused have been registered under sections 307, 148, 149 and 427 of the IPC and various sections of the Arms Act.”
Nimbale also confirmed that the accused entered the home of Akali leader Talwandi, causing panic in the whole area.