A WOMAN in her late 60s was found murdered on Tuesday. Her body dumped in a huge trunk was found from the room of the tenants who came to their house on March 3.
The accused also stole around Rs 40,000 in cash that Jarnail had and the jewellery she wore. Kaur along with her husband Raj Singh lived in Field Ganj area. On Monday evening when Singh came back from work, he could not find Kaur because of which he lodged a police complaint.
Interestingly, the tenant, Bunty, who lived on the first floor of this house along with his so-called sister, had also gone missing since Monday night.
On Tuesday, foul smell started coming from the tenants’ room. When it was opened, Kaur’s body was found dumped in a huge trunk lying in that room. There were blood spots on the wall of the room which indicated that she must have been pushed hard against the wall due to which she suffered a head injury that led to her death.
The couple had no children and hence used to live alone. Singh, a factory worker, said that they had around Rs 40,000 in cash at home which were missing and even the jewellery worn by Kaur was also not there. She wore a gold chain, tops and a ring.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Police have registered a case.