IN ORDER to reduce the effect of rebel candidate Simarjeet Singh Bains, SAD-BJP candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali tried to put up a united face in the city on Tuesday.
At a meeting organised at Nagpal Regency, Ayali said that despite the fact that Independent MLA (Simarjeet Singh Bains) was contesting the Lok Sabha elections, all the SAD-BJP councillors had assured to support him (Ayali).
Former minister Hira Singh Gabria was defeated by Bains in the Assembly elections who contested as an Independent candidate. “The Independent MLA must have been able to overpower Gabria, but it won’t happen this time. The so-called Independent candidate will no longer be taken seriously by the masses this time,” Ayali said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Senior BJP leader Rajinder Bhandari and BJP district president Parveen Bansal assured party support to Ayali. While sitting MP Manish Tewari on Monday had stated that he would start his campaign after the formal announcement of his candidature, Ayali again targeted him and said, “The sitting MP is hiding his face and sitting in Delhi. He is busy and making all efforts to get his constituency changed.”
The SAD-BJP candidate added, “Moreover in the past five years, people kept on protesting and staging dharnas outside his (Tewari’s) home, but he never bothered to take up their cause. Now a wave is in favour of a change, and it will happen for sure.”
Ayali also targeted Bains without taking his name and stated that this time, no magic of Independent MLA would work and ‘we will show him the door’.
Former minister Satpal Gosain and SAD-BJP councillors of different wards were present too.