IN ORDER to reduce the effect of rebel candidate Simarjeet Singh Bains, SAD-BJP candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali tried to put up a united face in the city on Tuesday.
At a meeting organised at Nagpal Regency, Ayali said that despite the fact that Independent MLA (Simarjeet Singh Bains) was contesting the Lok Sabha elections, all the SAD-BJP councillors had assured to support him (Ayali).
Former minister Hira Singh Gabria was defeated by Bains in the Assembly elections who contested as an Independent candidate. “The Independent MLA must have been able to overpower Gabria, but it won’t happen this time. The so-called Independent candidate will no longer be taken seriously by the masses this time,” Ayali said.
Senior BJP leader Rajinder Bhandari and BJP district president Parveen Bansal assured party support to Ayali. While sitting MP Manish Tewari on Monday had stated that he would start his campaign after the formal announcement of his candidature, Ayali again targeted him and said, “The sitting MP is hiding his face and sitting in Delhi. He is busy and making all efforts to get his constituency changed.”
The SAD-BJP candidate added, “Moreover in the past five years, people kept on protesting and staging dharnas outside his (Tewari’s) home, but he never bothered to take up their cause. Now a wave is in favour of a change, and it will happen for sure.”
Ayali also targeted Bains without taking his name and stated that this time, no magic of Independent MLA would work and ‘we will show him the door’.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Former minister Satpal Gosain and SAD-BJP councillors of different wards were present too.