With a victory margin of mere 19,874 votes, Badal bahu Harsimrat Kaur is ready for her second innings as an MP. While her supporters are calling her a prospective ‘minister’ in NDA government, at the same time they were shocked over her reduced winning margin from 1.15 lakh in 2009.
The family remained indoors the whole day in Badal village and preferred to stay away from the media. Though her rival Manpreet Singh Badal, joint candidate of CPI, Congress and PPP, lost to her sister-in-law but he called it a moral victory.
Manpreet said: “I have reduced their winning margin drastically and this is indeed a moral victory for me. This happened despite the mass level booth rigging at many places. The authorities did not listen to me despite repeated complaints.”
Manpreet said that the Aam Admi factor played a spoil sport for him. AAP polled 87,666 votes, while his namesake independent candidate Manpreet Badal got 4,610 votes. A total of 4,685 voters exercised NOTA. Harsimrat polled 5,14,089 votes, followed by Manpreet who polled 4,94,215 votes.
The Badals were expecting a winning margin in lakhs. While Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal had, on the polling day, stated that Harsimrat’s winning margin will be over 2 lakh, Deputy CM Sukhbir Badal had said that it will be at least 3 lakh. Harsimrat — throughout the campaign — had been saying that it was her easiest election and she was contesting just to improve her winning margin.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
However, today the trio were in no mood to speak on this subject and were busy in thanksgiving ardaas. The victory celebration was subdued, as the dhol beating was done for a short time and the distribution of laddoos was done late in the evening.
While Manpreet had a lead in Bathinda urban, Mansa and Budhlada, the SAD led in the rest six assembly segments. In Lambi, the lead was of over 35,000 votes and in Sardulgarh, where Congress MLA Ajit Inder Moffar campaigned, the SAD lead was 21,000 votes.
Harsimrat’s younger daughter Gurleen became the lucky charm for her mother as today was her birthday, while tomorrow is her elder daughter Harkirat’s birthday.