Punjab Vidhan Sabha speaker Charanjit Singh Atwal unfurled the national flag at Guru Nanak Stadium as part of Independence Day celebrations on Friday. Addressing the audience, Atwal said there was a need ‘to be more aware of our rights as well as duties’.
“It is always a given-and-take process. If we ask for rights, we should fulfill our duties towards the country,” said Atwal.
The Aam Aadmi Party in Ludhiana also celebrated Independence Day under the leadership of H S Phoolka, who is the party’s spokesperson. The party hoisted the national flag at Jamuna Colony, Ambedkar Nagar with residents of the area. The party’s youth team has been teaching students of the area since the last few weeks.
These children presented a cultural programme comprising a dance, song, poems and a play.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Phoolka said, “We will be truly independent only when each child, even from economically weaker sections, gets proper education and the opportunity to compete and excel at the highest levels.”