Punjab Vidhan Sabha speaker Charanjit Singh Atwal unfurled the national flag at Guru Nanak Stadium as part of Independence Day celebrations on Friday. Addressing the audience, Atwal said there was a need ‘to be more aware of our rights as well as duties’.
“It is always a given-and-take process. If we ask for rights, we should fulfill our duties towards the country,” said Atwal.
The Aam Aadmi Party in Ludhiana also celebrated Independence Day under the leadership of H S Phoolka, who is the party’s spokesperson. The party hoisted the national flag at Jamuna Colony, Ambedkar Nagar with residents of the area. The party’s youth team has been teaching students of the area since the last few weeks.
These children presented a cultural programme comprising a dance, song, poems and a play.
Phoolka said, “We will be truly independent only when each child, even from economically weaker sections, gets proper education and the opportunity to compete and excel at the highest levels.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest