A major attraction for voters this Lok Sabha polls was setting up of model booths and super model booths.
On Wednesday, the only super model polling station setup in Ludhiana- Ramgharia School, Miller Ganj stole the show while a visit to model polling booths revealed a disappointing picture.
At super model booth, a team of volunteers showered flowers on voters at entrance and a red carpet was laid for their welcome. There was arrangement of clean drinking water and tea along with a waiting room for the elderly and pregnant women.
Also special volunteers handed over appreciation certificates to first-time voters. A helpdesk with polling officials dressed in ‘May I Help You’ jackets were waiting at the entrance. The interiors were done in blue and white theme with balloons and slogans. Model booths presented a disappointing picture as they were no different from normal booths in constituency. While administration claimed that they will have facilities like queue managers, drinking water, ramps for handicapped and shed to avoid sunlight etc, the reality was a complete contrast.
At Sacred Heart Senior Secondary School, Sarabha Nagar which was a model booth, there were no queue managers. Also voters were standing under the sun waiting for their turn. A S Dhaliwal, presiding officer said, “We have drinking water and some medicines. Other than that, there is nothing special.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Similarly, there were no volunteers at Kundan Vidya Mandir which was also listed as a model booth. In KVM, youth were seen enquire about certificates but there was no one to guide them.
On other hand some booths like Lodhi Club which were not declared model booth had all luxuries such as air conditioned halls, water dispenser, huge waiting rooms and help desk for voters.