Alleging a strong nexus between liquor smugglers and police, the residents of Bonkar Dogra village blocked National Highway near Ladhowal for almost two hours on Friday. The villagers alleged that no action was taken by the police despite multiple complaints.
On Friday, one of the accused allegedly barged into the house of village sarpanch Kashmir Singh and thrashed him and his family members for complaining against them. But the police did not take any action despite repeated pleas of villagers.
The villagers blocked the traffic around 8.30 am for almost two hours, leading to long traffic jams which harassed commuters.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
Police reached the spot almost after one hour and after their assurance, the villagers cleared the blockade.
Singh alleged that on Thursday he had filed a complaint against the liquor smugglers. But the police leaked information to the accused and they attacked him at his house.
Assistant Commissioner of Police Gurpreet Singh Walia and Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (city-3) Paramjit Singh Pannu said that a case had been registered against the accused and three people, including a woman, had been rounded up for attacking the sarpanch.