Alleging a strong nexus between liquor smugglers and police, the residents of Bonkar Dogra village blocked National Highway near Ladhowal for almost two hours on Friday. The villagers alleged that no action was taken by the police despite multiple complaints.
On Friday, one of the accused allegedly barged into the house of village sarpanch Kashmir Singh and thrashed him and his family members for complaining against them. But the police did not take any action despite repeated pleas of villagers.
The villagers blocked the traffic around 8.30 am for almost two hours, leading to long traffic jams which harassed commuters.
Police reached the spot almost after one hour and after their assurance, the villagers cleared the blockade.
Singh alleged that on Thursday he had filed a complaint against the liquor smugglers. But the police leaked information to the accused and they attacked him at his house.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Assistant Commissioner of Police Gurpreet Singh Walia and Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (city-3) Paramjit Singh Pannu said that a case had been registered against the accused and three people, including a woman, had been rounded up for attacking the sarpanch.