In the ongoing drive against drug mafia, the Ludhiana police on Sunday arrested two peddlers with half kg heroin each which has a market value of Rs 5 crore. The accused have been identified as Painta, a Phillaur-based peddler, and Harnek Singh, a Tarn Taran-based peddler.
However, an interesting finding of the case was peddler Des Raj alias Vicky who is lodged in Kapurthala jail at the moment. ADCP Amrik Singh Powar said that he had a mobile phone and four SIM cards and he was operating the entire network from the jail. He used to call up customers while sitting in the jail and after the deal was fixed, Painta used to go to customers with drug supply.
Powar stated that the police would seek production warrant of Vicky as well to get more details from him. Vicky hails from Bhattian village in Phillaur. While Harnek Singh was arrested from a naka near CMCH by the team of ADCP Manjit Singh Dhesi, Painta was arrested from a naka near Metro road in Focal Point. The latter revealed his links with Vicky.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen