Though the poll results are yet to be announced, AAP candidate H S Phoolka has already announced his plans for the city, irrespective of the fact whether he wins or loses.
Along with a few residents, he has launched a campaign of “clean Ludhiana, green Ludhiana”. Under this campaign, he claims they will be spreading awareness among the masses and persuade them to participate in a tree plantation drive. In the rural areas, one tree in every house will be planted and in urban areas, parks will be adopted for more plantation. Cleaning of Buddha Nallah is also part of the project.
The coordinators for these campaigns are Dr Kirat Sibia, Col C M Lakhanpal and Satpal Sharma. Advisor for the campaigns is Avtar Singh Dhindsa.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The complete scheme would be finalised within a period of a month, said Phoolka. A campaign for women’s safety would also be launched which would tackle issues such as sexual harassment and crime against women. The AAP aims to start a helpline for women. The scheme will include redressing the complaints and counselling. The coordinators of this campaign are Ramandeep Kaur, Anita Sharma and NGO Navkiran Women Welfare.
Asserting that he would like to have suggestions from the masses, Phoolka said he was going to Hamirpur to campaign for the AAP candidate who is the mother of Kargil martyr Vikram Batra. After that, he would go to Varanasi.