In order to get rid of the corrupt politicians, one needs to vote for change and give the new face a chance at least.
Independent MLA and now the Independent candidate from Ludhiana Lok Sabha constituency, Simarjeet Singh Bains stressed this at a lok adalat organised by Maha Sabha in Baba Bhan Singh Park on Sunday.
It was third such adalat; the earlier adalats featured AAP candidate H S Phoolka and CPI candidate Sukwinder Singh.
Bains said that after April 30, he would be floating his new front in Punjab and under that front he would make candidates contest who could bring a change in the corrupt political system. “Once a few from the third front are able to win seats, the main parties will give a second thought to improve themselves or to listen to the masses,” he said.
He called loktantra in Punjab as daangtantra as he said that cane charging was done on the ones who protest for their rights.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Independent candidate expressed his opposition to the welfare schemes like distribution of Re 1 a kg free atta and Rs 20 a kg pulses as is being done by the SAD-BJP government. “Instead of giving anything free, governments need to focus on rooting out unemployment. Once a person has a job in hand, he will never seek anything for free.”
Bains stated that since 1947, a number of politicians had floated the slogan “garibi hatao” but the poverty never decreased; instead it increased over the years.
Replying to a question over eradication of unemployment, he said that if the government gave good incentives to the industrialists, they would be able to stop the industrialists who as of now were going out of the state. If industry was operating in Punjab, there was no reason for people remaining unemployed, he added.
Bains hit hard at the SAD as he is contesting elections as a SAD rebel.
He said that daily wages should be about Rs 500 a day so that a person could live a healthy life.
After Bains, Congress candidate Ravneet Bittu and SAD candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali are expected to attend such lok adalats in the coming weeks.