Ludhiana Pedallers, a city-based group and the Feroze Gandhi Market Association will organise a cycle rally on August 15 to commemorate the life of Kartar Singh Sarabha, freedom fighter and revolutionary of the Ghadar movement.
The Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha Memorial Cycle Rally will be flagged off from the martyr’s statue at the Bhai Bala Chowk at 5:30 am on August 15 and will head to his ancestral village of Sarabha that is located some 17 kilometres from the starting point. Through the rally, an effort is being made by the organisation hopes to urge the Centre to bestow the title of ‘National Martyr’ on Kartar Singh Sarabha.
The rally is also an anti-drug campaign as, the organisers say, the menace is eating into the roots of our society and leading our youth astray.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The peddlers also wish to make people aware of the benefits of cycling that will not only improve their health but also save the environment from further pollution and degradation. Students from various schools and colleges are expected to be a part of the initiative.