Thieves tried to loot Punjab and Sind Bank at Dugri late on Tuesday. However, they failed to break the security and fled with the gun of the security guard. In a major security lapse, there was no security guard deployed on duty at the bank.
The incident came to light when employees found the shutter of the bank broken and the CCTV camera outside the bank damaged on Wednesday morning.
Assistant commissioner of police (Atam Nagar) Mukhtiyar Singh said, “Thieves made three to four attempts to open the lockers but failed. Nothing valuable is missing from the bank except a gun and few other articles.”
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Police scanned the CCTV footage which showed three people with their faces covered entering the bank.
A case under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code has been registered with the Model Town police.