Thieves tried to loot Punjab and Sind Bank at Dugri late on Tuesday. However, they failed to break the security and fled with the gun of the security guard. In a major security lapse, there was no security guard deployed on duty at the bank.
The incident came to light when employees found the shutter of the bank broken and the CCTV camera outside the bank damaged on Wednesday morning.
Assistant commissioner of police (Atam Nagar) Mukhtiyar Singh said, “Thieves made three to four attempts to open the lockers but failed. Nothing valuable is missing from the bank except a gun and few other articles.”
Police scanned the CCTV footage which showed three people with their faces covered entering the bank.
A case under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code has been registered with the Model Town police.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More