Violating Section 144 (ban on gathering of five or more people) of the CrPC, which was imposed by police on Tuesday evening, teachers’ unions protested against the state government on Wednesday.
While the teachers demanded the release of 58 teachers of SSA RAMSA Teachers’ Union who are lodged in jail, traffic jams due to heavy police cover at Bhai Wala Chowk, Chhatar Singh Park and Bharat Nagar Chowk caused inconvenience to the public.
The protest venue was changed three times by the unions as first it was planned at Bhai Wala Chowk but shifted to Chhatar Singh Park. However, eventually, the protest was held at SSA School at Kochar Market.
H S Bilga from BEd Teachers’ Union Front told Newsline, “At both previous venues, police were arresting teachers without any reason. Teachers were around 300 but more than 600 policemen followed us wherever we went. They came to arrest us and did not allow a peaceful protest.”
The police also arrested five teachers during the protest at Kochar Market but they were released after a few hours. Slogans were raised against the state government and teachers demanded immediate release of arrested teachers.
The unions which participated included SSA-RAMSA Teachers’ Union, ETT Union, BEd Teachers’ Front, Democratic Teachers’ Front, TET Pass Unemployed Teachers’ Union and Democratic Teachers’ Front.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Later, the teachers submitted a memorandum to tehsildar (west) Pardeep Singh Bains, who arrived at the spot on behalf of Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal.
Dharampal, SHO, division number 5, said, “A discussion is on with senior officials to decide on action against the teachers for violating Section 144.”