Various teachers’ unions of Punjab on Monday announced collective protest against state government in wake of recent arrest of teachers from SSA RAMSA Teachers Union which had organised a state-level rally on Sunday.
The unions namely TET Pass Unemployed Teachers Union, Democratic Teachers Front, ETT Teachers Union Punjab, B.Ed College Teachers Union announced their support for SSA RAMSA teachers.
Talking to Newsline, H S Bilga from B.Ed Khanna from Democratic Teachers Front said, “We are against the arrest of teachers and want their release at the earliest. We will be burning effigies on Wednesday if the teachers are not released by by Tuesday.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The teachers from various unions also staged protest in front of deputy commissioner office and submitted the memorandum. Deep Raja from TET Pass Unemployed Teachers Union said, “36 teachers were arrested on Republic Day during our protest and were kept in inhumane conditions in Central Jail.
Now we will be holding state-wide rallies on February 9 and will burn the photocopies of our TET certificates as there are invaluable in eyes of government. We are also supporting SSA RAMSA teachers’ as they too have been arrested.