After a long wait, sitting Anandpur Sahib MP Ravneet Singh Bittu has been fielded from Ludhiana parliamentary constituency. He is the grandson of former Punjab chief minister Beant Singh and is from Kotli village in Payal.
The Ludhiana Congress has expressed happiness over his choice as they had already started preparations to welcome him the day Manish Tewari had said a final no.
“We are more than happy to welcome him. He is a local face and it is more of a homecoming for him. Now Congress will be taking Akalis with a bang,” said senior Congress leader K K Bawa.
Varun Mehta, another Congressman, said, “We were sure of his ticket, so we had already planned so many meetings in advance.”
The local Congress leaders stated that Bittu would cover up the lost time.
With Tewari’s exit, the Ludhiana Congress had asked for a local face and they are satisfied with Bittu as he is more or less a local face. “Ghar wale ghar vapis aa gaye, baahar wale (Tewari) chale gaye,” said a Congress leader.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016