After a long wait, sitting Anandpur Sahib MP Ravneet Singh Bittu has been fielded from Ludhiana parliamentary constituency. He is the grandson of former Punjab chief minister Beant Singh and is from Kotli village in Payal.
The Ludhiana Congress has expressed happiness over his choice as they had already started preparations to welcome him the day Manish Tewari had said a final no.
“We are more than happy to welcome him. He is a local face and it is more of a homecoming for him. Now Congress will be taking Akalis with a bang,” said senior Congress leader K K Bawa.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Varun Mehta, another Congressman, said, “We were sure of his ticket, so we had already planned so many meetings in advance.”
The local Congress leaders stated that Bittu would cover up the lost time.
With Tewari’s exit, the Ludhiana Congress had asked for a local face and they are satisfied with Bittu as he is more or less a local face. “Ghar wale ghar vapis aa gaye, baahar wale (Tewari) chale gaye,” said a Congress leader.